Last week, I set a some goals for myself and while I didn’t reach all of those goals, I did complete some.
- Reading- I read (almost) a chapter of my current book (In a Dark, Dark Wood). I also bought a book called CALM: 50 Mindfulness and Relaxation Exercises to De-Stress and Unwind. I’ve read through a bunch of the exercises and so far, I like it! Two techniques that I think will be helpful for me to try are: A Place of Peace (creating a calming atmosphere physically and imaginatively) and Dial Down Feelings (rating your feelings from 1- barely noticeable to 8- most intense).
- Writing- I wrote three posts and two poems
- Crochet- I made a chain and one single crochet row for a scarf.
- Lesson Planning- I didn’t get as far ahead as I would have liked but I did choose all of the books for this month.
I also downloaded an app called DuoLingo and started learning some basic German. Considering my love of languages, I thought it might be fun to try learning a little about a new one.
Goals for Next Week
- Crochet: 2 more rows
- Read: a chapter of In a Dark, Dark Wood
- Try: an exercise from CALM
- Write: at least one blog post and one poem or prompt
- Meditation: Try gazing meditation
I’m going to try to get back into the habit of using a planner. How do you stay productive? What techniques do you use to unwind or combat anxiety/ depression?